Regardless of the time of year, it’s essential to protect yourself from the sun when visiting Egypt. The country’s desert climate ensures plenty of sunshine throughout the year, making sun protection crucial. Here are a few practical tips:
1. Sun Protection: Always wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
2. Light Clothing: Wear light, breathable clothing made of natural fibers, such as cotton or linen, to help keep cool in the heat.
3. Hydration: Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, especially during the hot summer months.
4. Comfortable Footwear: Wear comfortable, breathable shoes, as you’ll likely be doing a lot of walking, especially if you’re visiting historical sites.
5. Layer Up: During the cooler winter months, it’s advisable to layer your clothing and carry a light jacket for the cooler nights.
Egypt’s diverse climate offers a unique weather experience for travelers. From the hot desert climate of the south to the more moderate temperatures of the coastal cities, the country’s weather varies significantly from region to region and month to month.
Regardless of when you choose to visit, Egypt’s rich history, stunning landscapes, and sunny skies are sure to provide an unforgettable experience.